Baking Soda has over 60 incredible uses in the home, for beauty, health and food. Cans of baking soda are the best deal in town: You can find them in most stores for less than $3 and it is all natural!
1. Antacid - Use it as an antacid to relieve heartburn, acid indigestion, or sour stomach.
2. Deodorant - Use it as underarm deodorant by applying it with a powder puff.
3. Toothpaste - Mix half a teaspoon with peroxide paste and mix.
4. Body Scrub - Dilute one part baking soda with water and use as a face and body scrub.
5. Skin Softener - Add a cup to bathwater to soften your skin.
6. Anti-itch - Relieve skin itch from insect bites and pain from sunburn.
7. Odor eliminator - Remove strong odors from your hands by rubbing them with baking soda and water.
8. Diaper rash - Put two tablespoons in your baby’s bathwater to help relieve diaper rash.
9. Anti-irritant - Apply it on rashes, insect bites, and poison ivy irritations. Or take a baking soda bath to relieve skin irritations.
10. Congestion - Unblock stuffy nose by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to your vaporizer.
11. Heartburn - Take a teaspoon of baking soda mixed with one-half glass of water.
12. Breath freshener - Freshen your mouth by gargling half a teaspoon of baking soda mixed water.
13. Bee stings - Use it to relieve bee stings.
14. Baking - Use it as a substitute for baking powder by mixing with it with cream of tartar or vinegar.
15. Vegetable washer - Wash fruits and vegetables with it.
16. Bean soak - Soak dried beans to a baking soda solution to make them more digestible.
17. Neutralizer - Reduce the acid content of your tomato-based recipes by sprinkling them with a pinch of baking soda.
HOME AND GARDEN
18. Flower-freshener - Keep cut flowers fresh longer by adding a teaspoon to the water in the vase.
19. Fires - Put out small fires on rugs, upholstery, clothing, and wood.
20. Odor absorber - Put an open container of baking soda in the fridge to absorb the odors.
21. Pet deodorant - Sprinkle it on your pet’s comb or brush to deodorize their fur and skin.
22. Shoe-freshener - Sprinkle it on your slippers, boots, shoes, and socks to eliminate foul odor.
23. Pottery clay - Turn baking soda into modeling clay by combining it with one and 1/4 cups of water and one cup of cornstarch.
24. Mouth wipe - After feeding your baby, wipe his shirt with a moist cloth sprinkled with baking soda to remove the odor.
25. Windshield cleaner - Wipe your windshield with it to repel rain.
26. Dishrag washer - Improve the smell of dishrags by soaking them in baking soda and water.
27. Vacuum freshener - Suck it in with your vacuum cleaner to remove the odor.
28. Air freshener - Freshen the air by mixing baking soda with your favorite perfumed bath salts. Put the mixture in small sachet bags.
29. Brush restorer - Restore stiff brushes by boiling them in a solution of 1/2 gallon of water, 1/4 cup of vinegar, and a cup of baking soda.
30. Insect repellent - Put it under sinks and along basement windows to repel cockroaches and ants.
31. Flowerbed protector - Scatter baking soda around flowerbeds to prevent rabbits from eating your veggies.
32. Plant sweetener - Sweeten your tomatoes by sprinkling baking soda on the soil around your tomato plants.
33. Litter box - Sprinkle it onto your cat’s litter box to absorb the bad odor.
34. Garage - Scatter it on your greasy garage floor, scrub the floor, and rinse.
35. Stove - Use it to unclog gas stoves.
36. Pan cleaner - Remove burned-on food from a pan by soaking it in a baking soda solution for 10 minutes before washing.
37. Baby-bottle cleaner - Combine with hot water to clean baby bottles.
38. Kitchen drain - Keep your drains clean by putting four tablespoons of baking soda in them each week. Flush it down with hot water.
39. Curtain cleaner - Clean your shower curtains by soaking them in baking soda and water.
40. Bag cleaner - Put it on a small brush to rub canvas handbags clean.
41. Toaster - Use it to remove melted plastic bread wrapper from a toaster. Sprinkle baking soda on a damp rug, then use the rug to clean the toaster.
42. Steel cleaner - Make a thick paste of baking soda and water, and used it to scrub enameled cast iron and stainless steel.
43. Oven cleaner - Mix four tablespoons of baking soda with a quart of warm water, and use it to clean the inside part of an oven.
44. Toilet cleaner - Add a cup to the toilet, leave it for an hour, and then flush. It will clean the toilet and absorb the odor.
45. Scrubber - Use it to scrub sinks, showers, plastic and porcelain tubs
46. Wall cleaner - Spray it on walls, mirrors, and countertops.
47. Dishwasher - Add a spoonful to your dishwasher to make scrubbing dishes easier.
48. Grease remover - Remove grease from pots and pans.
49. Carpet cleaner - Dry clean carpets and upholstered furniture by sprinkling baking soda over the fabric and gently brushing it. Leave it for an hour or overnight, then vacuum.
50. Laundry - Boost your laundry detergent’s cleaning power by sprinkling a handful on dirty clothes.
51. Polish - Combine it with water to make a paste for polishing stainless steel and chrome.
52. Crayon - Remove scratches and crayon marks from vinyl floors and walls.
53. Shoe cleaner - Clean your shoes with it.
54. Garbage cleaner - Clean garbage cans with it.
55. Diapers - Use it to wash diapers.
56. Fridge cleaner - Clean the fridge with it.
57. Brush cleaner - Soak brushes and combs in a baking soda solution.
58. Container cleaner - Mix it with water to wash food and drink containers.
59. Furniture-cleaner - Put three tablespoons of baking soda to a quart of warm water, then use the mixture to wash marble-topped furniture.
60. Formica-cleaner - Absorb it with a damp sponge, then clean Formica countertops with the sponge.
61. Oder remover - Use it to get rid of stale odors from cooling containers and thermos bottles.
62. Coffee-stain remover - Run your coffee maker with a baking soda solution, then rinse.