Many health experts will tell you that drinking water is a key way to detoxing you cells, loosing weight, and rejuvenating your body. Drinking your recommended amount of water each day, however, isn't always easy to do! Here are the top 10 ways to make the water-drinking habit stick.
2) Section it. Divide up your day into eight parts and drink one glass at each segment. For example, a glass as soon as you wake up, a glass with breakfast, a glass mid-morning, a glass with lunch, a glass mid-afternoon, a glass with dinner, a glass before bed.
3) Super-size it. Buy a big gallon bottle of water from your local drugstore. Fill it up each morning and make sure you've finished it by night.
4) Team up. Get a friend you work with or see often to be a "water buddy". Encourage and remind each other to get more H20 throughout the day. (Works surprisingly well!)
5) Flavor it. Citrus fruits make water taste so good! Add a lime or orange, a sprig of mint, and a few slices of cucumber to your water for a naturally-flavored drink.
6) Count it. Mark down 8 boxes on a calendar or a piece of paper. Cross off each glass as you make progress.
7) Bottle it. Find a bottle or thermos that you really love and keep your water in it. Seeing your favorite bottle will remind you to take a couple more sips.
8) Crave it. Working out, playing sports, or going for a brisk walk outside will make you crave a refreshing sip of water. Kill two birds with one stone by indulging in your favorite sport and getting more water in.
9) See it. Out of sight is out of mind, so keep a glass or bottle of water with you at all times. Having it nearby will remind you to take a sip.
10) Filter it. Purified water tastes much better and has less harmful chemicals compared with regular tap water. Try to drink filtered water where possible and you'll enjoy it even more.
OVERALL RATING (for adding more water to your day):